<body> <body>


.023. you are my sunshine
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 17:23

Last night, when Titan got a fly paper stuck to the entire length of his belly, he was very uncooperative for me. However, this does not come as a surprise, nor is it my story. Titan is still very wild and stubborn at heart and the only one he really bothers to listen to is Jared. They've had a bond since I originally brought Titan home (by the way, after BEGGING jared to let me have a new kitty). Titan, as a kitten, was even more skittish and untrusting than he is now. He fled from me, from the food bowl, from dust bunnies. He was also a runt, so he was tiny as could be. He, in my version of the story, immediately hopped into Jared's lap and they have been best friends ever since. Jared says it took a few hours. I disagree.

So, when Jared got home last night, I was carrying Titan, soaked and irritated and still rather goopy, down the stairs in a towel. I was soaked through, myself, and I had a few wounds to show for my efforts. When I told Jared what happened, he laughed and took Titan from me and we went upstairs to finish what I had started. Titan would not tolerate yet another bath and he made this fact perfectly clear. Even when the person trying to bathe him was Jared. However, even though part of Jared's temper showed through at first, it quickly died down and he became very much a person that I love more than I love anything else. Jared is a rather patient person, he's understanding and rather kind - even though his undying honesty sometimes contradicts the kindness. He rarely raises his voice, at anything, and he is incredibly gentle. None of this, in my opinion, is obvious about him from a glance. I'm not saying he looks hardened or "badass" or whathaveyou, but he does not look, or even act at times, like the person I am describing. He is outspoken, stubborn and, sometimes, rude. And yet, when you know him, none of this contradicts completely. His unflinching honesty is sometimes confused for rudeness, his outspoken nature entertwines with his honesty and, most of the time, he may come off as a know-it-all or pig-headed. I don't know if there's a single soul in the world that can always say "Oh, he's just being honest, he doesn't mean it to be rude." I suppose that sometimes Jared does mean it to be rude, but those are rare occasions. Either way, he was the former person foremost last night. Even with Titan clawing and scrambling and yelling and jumping to the edge of the tub, Jared remained calm and soothing. He spoke softly, gently even, while keeping a firm hold on the little bugger. Recently, Jared's temper has had a short fuse and this moment during which he did not show it when it would have been warranted or expected was a small reminder that he is not always an angry man.

I do not know why I needed to share this, but I felt like it should be noted.

Also, last night, Jared went into the TV room (also our bedroom) and watched The Incredible Hulk for the second time while I sat out on the computer and goofed around until my headache got bad enough that I decided I was going to go back there and hopefully be able to wait until the movie was over to sleep. The moment I am about to describe is only small, probably meaningless and boring to anyone except me. When the movie finished, I was sitting at the foot of the bed and Jared sat up, leaned over and put his arm on the side of my hip farthest from him. The pressure was heavy and he kissed my shoulder and then my lips and said he was going to go to the bathroom and come back and we would sleep.

This moment meant a lot to me because of my entry before about feeling ignored or whatever. Either way, I felt much better because of this small gesture. It was the first time he's really made it a point to touch me, to kiss me, to notice me all on his own. And all at the same time, haha.

Anyway, it is around 5:30 as I type this up and Noah will be here by around 6 or 6:15 because he has been amazing to me today. He's kept me laughing, even when my ankle hurt terribly. He asks how it is doing, keeps checking about swelling and ace bandages and if I need to go to the hospital. He keeps reminding me to hold my pee as long as possible because of how badly my ankle hurts after the trek upstairs. He has just been a very, very good friend and an insanely kind person. He told me he would take me to the hosptial immediately after he got out of work if I wanted, even though it would only be a little over an hour between Noah arriving here and Jared arriving home. I don't know, he is exceptionally kind today and I hope I have thanked him enough.


0 jump in

disclaimer

If you are easily made uncomfortable, I would suggest leaving now.
(x
visits ♥

the one & only

NIC.otine

i'm nic. there's not a whole lot i can do to explain myself easily. i'm neurotic, quixotic and strange. i drink, i smoke and i sex up my gawjuz boyfriend whenever possible. i've been through a lot and i love my life right now. my boyfriend is the best thing that has ever happened to me and i love him to death. ♥

tagboard



cboxme kaythnxbai

craves

to travel the world
the most expansive music collection ever
my own photobooth =]
my own jukebox

links

♥ cooper!
♥ taronduh!
♥ steph!
♥ cindy!

Jukebox


credits

skin by ♥ j0-nie`
image by ♥ x` x` x`
brushes by ♥ x` x` x` x` x`